It has been a minute since we have posted a Happy Things, Pretty Things. I am glad to be back here, trying to make some 'normalcy' in the crazy ups and downs life has been throwing.
If you have not already figure it out, this post is ALL THINGS FALL. Our weather here in Chattanooga was glorious over the weekend and it had me longing for cooler weather! (It is 95 again- Mother Nature was giving us a tease) I do enjoy Summer, but I am never sad to see it go. Fall and Winter are my favs. Winter because CHRISTMAS but Fall for boots, bonfires, hoodies, football and all my most-liked articles of clothing. Is there a place I can live where it feels like Fall all year? Take me there.
Enough rambling, here are my ROUND UPS!
1. Tennessee football is rapidly approaching....as in THIS weekend! It is Football Time in Tennessee!!! A couple of my favorite boutiques and their cute gear.
2. Found these recipes for Summer to Fall transitions. Do you have a favorite? Send them our way!
3. I am a sucker for little boy clothes....
I am the mom that hardly dresses my kids in play clothes. <insert eyeroll> Look, as long as he lets me choose his clothes, I am going to keep dressing him this way. Because eventually, probably very soon....He is only going to want to wear Under Armour and Nike. I get it, he likes that now. But I am going to keep preppin' him up until he refuses. ;)
Gymboree, Gap, and Ralph Lauren have been my go-to's for B. Ahhh, so dern adorable.
I linked a few below. Obviously, I really like blue and red. haha!
A boy in a flannel or some cords. LOVE!
If you have a slim boy, I suggest Gymboree jeans. The skinny or straight are the best fitting. B is tall and skinny so most jeans elsewhere have a weird fit and look ridiculous on him.
4. I am really diggin' this hoodie for Men.
5. I CANNOT WAIT TO WEAR this sweater - I bought it in tan at the end of season last year so it has yet to be worn.
6. Definitely loving these...leopard print is going to be HUGE this fall. I would be lying if I said I hated it.
7. I talked a few weeks ago about de-cluttering some of my mess ....I swear, if you speak or write about something on social media an ad will show up in your feed with suggestions - creepy. Like this 30 day de-clutter challenge. It is designed to help you take on each room.
9. H&M is not a place I typically shop. I haven't been to the one we have in Chatt. But, a blogger @modwife named Lauren and B.E.'s Lauren have both shared some items from there. Like her adorable bikini! Which made me click the website....and they have a HOME section. I am probably super late in the game. Maybe you are, too. I adore this Dream scene.
10. What are your thoughts on overalls? Personally, I cannot. I am 100% not built for them but they are trending often in my feeds. My friend, Whit, recently purchased some and she is going to send me a picture. I will share it soon.
11. This Blog...I am a super fan of the podcasts, take on life, kids, and being imperfect. You are in good company here.
12. Buckle's men's BKE jeans have styles on sale. I am pretty picky in the jeans department. I do not like anything with large pockets or weird stitching. If it looks like Affliction, it has got-ta-go. #sorrynotsorry
13. Last one....My FabFitFun box came! I shared the box photo in our stories on Insta and a few of you asked to see what was inside! Here ya go.
To All of Our Followers.....
You guys have been beyond amazing and encouraging to us. We appreciate all the kind words. I had someone stop me at Target a couple weeks ago and ask, " Hey, you are Meagen from Brunette Edit?" I was completely caught off guard. We know that you see us because we can track who and how many people have looked but we do not really know unless we hear it from you. Thanks, Kenneth! And everyone else watching, reading, following, sending us sweet messages and telling us what they got from our recommendations---- this is why we do it! You guys....THANK YOU!!
Gap - Up to 50% everything with additional 20%
REI- Labor Day Sale up to 40% off until September 3rd
Brooks Brothers- up to 70% under sale tab
Dress Up - check out the sale tab for some great deals
Hope you guys have a great week!!