I hope you're enjoying your weekend! We had a great 4th of July holiday - it was super laid back, and had so much fun hanging with family and throwing together an impromptu cookout. With the holiday in the middle of the week, it kind of felt like the week had two Mondays. I had my days all mixed up! Yesterday was pretty crazy - my mom was in a wreck and that shook us all up a bit. She's ok, sore and resting, but it was still scary. Whenever something like that happens, I always hold my loves a little tighter.
We decided to take vacation later in the summer this year - we're leaving next Saturday for St. George Island, Florida! We've been once before (to the same house), and we love it. There's not much to do, but that's EXACTLY what I'm looking forward to. But I didn't consider that I'd be thinking about vacation and getting my boy ready for kindergarten at the same time. So I'm packing for the beach and picking out new backpacks and buying school supplies. #momlife. I don't think I'll do this to myself again next year. :)
If you get a minute, send Meagen some birthday love! She is one of the sweetest, kindest, most fun and supportive friends in my life. She's as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside. And she also has The. most. adorable. style. You know I'm right! I want her to know how much she means to me. Happy birthday, love! I hope your hubs and besties are making sure you feel extra special this weekend!
Here are a few fun reads and finds from around the web.
1. I love the clean lines of this Target brand. Simple, but beautiful serving pieces, cookware, bedding, storage options. Made by Design is right up my alley. I think these beechwood utensils are so pretty.
2. One of my favorite things to do is look at home tours. I could live here. :)
3. Do you care about the Nordstrom anniversary sale? It's hard for me to think about jeans and boots in July, but it's supposed to be amazing savings. Here's one of my favorite blogs' take on what to buy.
4. Our 4th of July favs are still perfect finds to finish summer out strong. Check out post here >>>>
5. The definition of being an adult. I'm still working on this haha ;)
6. Why kids won't listen. Trying to implement this strategy with the boy. They really need to move, explore, and take a few risks. I think it makes for happier kids (and moms).
7. Just snagged this cute little top. Less than $12! I'm working on a flowy top round up - should be up on Monday! I think this one will be perfect now with white shorts and later with darker denim.
Now that the holiday is over, there's a little time to scout the summer clearance racks.
Target's Top Deals Discounts on home, furniture and outdoor!
GAP | Up to 70% off and an extra 40 % off with code HAPPY
Baublebar | So many statement earrings are calling my name! Up to 70% off some styles, with lots of new things added.
Overstock | Extended 4th of July Blowout!
Welp, that's it for today. Hope you enjoy what's left of the weekend, summer is slipping by so fast!